社区应用 最新帖子 精华区 社区服务 会员列表 统计排行
  • 19558阅读
  • 4回复

Early-June Trip to Nanhui

楼层直达
级别: 侠客

What's up, Birding People!

One thing that ain't up is the number of breeding birds at Nanhui, Shanghai.

Yesterday, Elaine and I noted 33 species there. Oriental Pratincole and Black Bittern were new to our Shanghai-area springtime list. We noted just 5 Kentish Plover, among them a single breeding pair, and only 5 Little Ringed Plover.

Thereed beds, ponds, and mudflats presented a different face from previousmonths, with zero passage-migrant species noted. The micro-forests onthe sea wall, laboratories for the study of migrating passerines inApril and May, were nearly devoid of birds on Sunday. Completely absent werethe leaf warblers, thrushes, and flycatchers of a few weeks ago. Thebirds we saw Sunday were there to breed. The Oriental Reed Warbler chasing away Common Cuckooprovided a neat example of the new breeding theme. Both were lookingfor the same type of nest, but with different goals in mind.

Onthe reed beds and grassy areas, steadily being sliced and shrunk by thatvoracious predator the backhoe, birds that should be breeding in somenumbers were present in greatly reduced numbers. As I searched forKentish Plover, I had in mind Jonathan Martinez's study of the dwindlingpopulation of Kentish Plover along the Chinese coast. Sadly, Elaine andI found only a single breeding pair, near the blue-roofed building at 30.957666, 121.951278.I stumbled upon the Kentish Plover and watched the lonely parents asthey pathetically called and circled me, warding me off their eggs oryoung. "Where are your cousins?" I wanted to say.

Elsewhere, we saw 2males sparring, possibly competing for females. Where were the females?

OrientalPratincole kept getting scared off by men on motorcycles. Finally,Elaine and I came upon a calmer pair. Through the spotting scope weadmired the well-defined black border around the throat, and we saw themlift their bills high and call to each other. The beauty and grace ofthese plover-like birds impressed Elaine. We discussed the highlyappropriate Chinese word for pratincole, "swallow-plover (燕鸻)."

The Black Bittern was flying N over the sea wall. I'd never seen Dupetor flavicollis in Shanghai. Brazil and MacKinnon place the N limit of its breeding range at the Yangtze River.

Elaine got off some useful shots yesterday:

shanghaispring2015_18.jpg

Habitatbehind sea wall, Nánhuì. In distance, note road on sea wall and"micro-forests," much relied on by passage migrants during spring andfall migrations. On parcel of land in foreground,  we found the singlebreeding pair of Kentish Plover. If vegetation on this now-shelteredpiece of land grows thick, then Kentish Plover will no longer be able tobreed here.

shanghaispring2015_19.jpg

Habitat just insidesea wall, Nánhuì. Oriental Pratincole were using this land. Thepratincoles were being affected visibly by noise from road atop sea wallas well as by farmers passing by on mopeds.

shanghaispring2015_20.jpg

Yours truly, in fine birding fettle.

shanghaispring2015_21.jpg

Vegetationbelt, exposed mudflat, and muddy East China Sea. I'm not sure of thespecies of the predominant plant in the vegetation belt. Oriental ReedWarbler are able to make use of the plant, as evidenced by their loudand constant calls coming from the belt.

Here's yesterday's list:

Around Pudong Nanhui Dongtan Wetland (Pǔdōng Nánhuì Dōngtān Shīdì [浦东南汇东滩湿地]), Shanghai, China (30.920507, 121.973159); list includes birds found at Magic Parking Lot (30.882784, 121.972782) and at points N & S of Magic Parking Lot along Shìjìtáng Lù (世纪塘路). 10:55-17:15.

Common Pheasant Phasianus colchicus 4 (3 heard only)
Little Grebe Tachybaptus ruficollis 5
Great Crested Grebe Podiceps cristatus 1
Eurasian Bittern Botaurus stellaris 2 heard booming
Yellow Bittern Ixobrychus sinensis 20
Black Bittern Dupetor flavicollis 1
Great Egret Ardea alba 4
Grey Heron Ardea cinerea 3
Little Egret Egretta garzetta 30
Eastern Cattle Egret Bubulcus coromandus 17
Chinese Pond Heron Ardeola bacchus 3
Black-crowned Night Heron Nycticorax nycticorax 7
Common Moorhen Gallinula chloropus 8
Eurasian Coot Fulica atra 5
Black-winged Stilt Himantopus himantopus 2
Little Ringed Plover Charadrius dubius 5 (incl. probable breeding pair)
Kentish Plover Charadrius alexandrinus 5 (1 pair with eggs or chicks nearby, 2 males sparring, 1 single)
Oriental Pratincole Glareola maldivarum 6 (2 pairs, 2 singles)
Feral Pigeon (Rock Dove) Columba livia 1
Spotted Dove Spilopelia chinensis 2
Common Cuckoo Cuculus canorus 8 (2 being chased by Oriental Reed Warbler)
Eurasian/Oriental Skylark Alauda arvensis or A. gulgula 22 singing
Barn Swallow Hirundo rustica 35
Light-vented Bulbul Pycnonotus sinensis 5
Oriental Reed Warbler Acrocephalus orientalis 70 (ca. 55 heard only)
Zitting Cisticola Cisticola juncidis 24
Plain Prinia Prinia inornata 12
Reed Parrotbill Paradoxornis heudei 5 singles
Vinous-throated Parrotbill Sinosuthora webbiana 40 (3 flocks, 3 singles)
Crested Myna Acridotheres cristatellus 8
White-cheeked Starling Sturnus cineraceus 2
Eurasian Tree Sparrow Passer montanus ca. 200
White Wagtail Motacilla alba leucopsis 6 (4 adults, 2 juvs.)

Happy Birding!

Craig

CRAIG BRELSFORD
Executive Editor
craigbrelsford.com
craig@craigbrelsford.com
我的摄影网站:www.craigbrelsford.com

只看该作者 1  发表于: 2015-06-19
No bird in the photos...
欢迎光临
http://weibo.com/deqingyang
http://blog.sina.com.cn/deqingyang
级别: 江湖儿女
只看该作者 2  发表于: 2015-06-20

请百度翻译了一下:

鸟人们,发生什么事了?

上海南汇的繁殖鸟数量没有增加。

昨天,伊莲和我在那里看见了33种鸟。我们首次在上海的春季见到了普通燕鸻和黑苇鳽。我们只看见了5只环颈鸻(其中有一对鸟夫妻)和5只剑鸻。

普通燕鸻

黑苇鳽

环颈鸻

剑鸻

芦苇滩、水塘和泥滩显出了和五月不同的面貌:一只候鸟都没有看见。海堤上的小树林,在四月、五月的时候是研究雀类候鸟的好地方,而这个星期天却几乎没有任何飞鸟。前几周还能看见的柳莺、鸫类、鹟类,这次完全没有看见。这个星期天我们看见的鸟都是为繁殖而呆在那的。东方大苇莺赶走大杜鵑,就是一个繁殖期到来的例子。这两种鸟在寻找相同的巢穴,但却心怀不同的目的。

挖土机贪婪的吞噬着芦苇滩和草地,使这些地方繁殖鸟数量大大减少。我记得乔纳森·马丁内斯研究过中国沿海环颈鸻数量的减少。让我们沮丧的是:伊莲和我这次仅仅在蓝顶屋(北纬30.957666, 东经121.951278)附近发现过一对繁殖期环颈鸻。当我偶然发现这对孤独的父母后,它们哀婉的啼叫、盘旋,阻止我靠近它们的蛋或幼鸟。我真想问它们:“你们的兄弟姐妹去哪了?”

在另一处,我们看见了2只sparring雄鸟,可能正在争夺雌鸟。但是哪里有雌鸟呢?

普通燕鸻总是被人或摩托车惊飞。最终伊莲和我发现了一对比较镇定的普通燕鸻。我们通过观鸟镜欣赏着普通燕鸻喉部的黑边。我们看见它们高昂着嘴,互相鸣叫。这种像环颈鸻的鸟,展示出的美丽和优雅深深地打动了伊莲。我们讨论了pratincole最准确的中文翻译应该是“燕鸻”。

黑苇鳽飞过海堤。我在上海从没见过黑鳽。

伊莲昨天发了一些有用的照片
只看该作者 3  发表于: 2015-06-20

南汇海堤后面的栖息地。注意远处海堤上的道路和小树林,春秋迁徙季的候鸟将依赖这片栖息地为生。在一处突出的陆地附近,我们发现了一对环颈鸻夫妇。如果这片陆地上的植被生长的再茂密一些,那么环颈鸻将无法在这里栖息了。

南汇海堤以内的栖息地,是普通燕鸻的家园。海堤上的道路传来的噪音,以及往来的摩托车,明显影响了普通燕鸻的栖息。

克雷格观鸟兴致很高

[attachment=54826]
植被带、滩涂和浑浊的东海。我不认识植被带的主要植物。从植被带中发出的响亮持续的鸟叫声就可以断定:东方大苇莺能利用这些植物。
只看该作者 4  发表于: 2015-06-20
这里是昨天的收获:

(略)

中国上海浦东南汇东滩湿地,北纬30.920507, 东经121.973159。记录的鸟种,有些是在魔术停车场(北纬30.882784, 东经121.972782)或其南北方向的世纪塘路发现的。10:55-17:15.

祝各位观鸟愉快

克雷格
快速回复

限100 字节
上一个 下一个